As we discussed the Zetaclear Nail Fungus Formula yesterday,It is the best solution for nail fungus(toenail fungus) in the market nowdays.Today Let’us focus on the “Nail Fungus“.So,What’s Nail Fungus?
Nail fungus is a fungal infection in one or more of your nails. An infection with nail fungus may begin as a white or yellow spot under the tip of your fingernail or toenail. As the nail fungus spreads deeper into your nail, it may cause your nail to discolor, thicken and develop crumbling edges — an unsightly and potentially painful problem.
An infection with nail fungus may be difficult to treat, and it may recur. But medications are available to help clear up nail fungus.
When talk about Nail fungus,we have to enhance the point of “Onychomycosis“.
Onychomycosis (also known as “dermatophytic onychomycosis,” or”tinea unguium”) means fungal infection of the nail. It is the most common disease of the nails and constitutes about a half of all nail abnormalities.
As you can see,In fact nail is fungal infection of the nail.From the webmd,we learned that there are some kinds of nail fungus;
- Distal subungual onychomycosis (DSO) is the most common type of fungal nail infection. It is caused by the same fungi that cause most cases of athlete’s foot (dermatophytes). DSO infects the skin under the end of the nail (nail bed) and in the nail. The infection starts at the end of the nail bed, and part of the nail often turns yellow or white. Pieces of skin and nail fragments (debris) build up under the nail. As the condition gets worse, the nail may crumble and split, and it may separate from the skin. A thickened nail and a large amount of debris under the nail may cause discomfort when wearing shoes. DSO can be a lifelong infection and hard to treat. Shoes that fit poorly may make the infection worse or, in some cases, even cause the infection.
- White superficial onychomycosis (WSO), the second most common type of fungal nail infection, accounts for about 7% of all fungal nail infections.1 It can be easily treated. WSO affects the top layer of the nail, first forming white spots on the nail surface. Eventually the entire surface of the nail becomes covered with a crumbly, chalky powder. The nail does not thicken and does not separate from the skin.
- Candida onychomycosis, or yeast infection of the nail, is uncommon but can affect the nail and the skin bordering the nail (nail folds). This type of fungal infection is more common in fingernails than toenails. It may involve all of the nails at the same time and can cause the nail to separate from the nail bed. It invades weakened areas of the nail, which may become discolored white, green, or brownish, with an odd shape. The nail may look thicker than normal, and there may be signs of infection (reddened, swollen, tender, or warm) in the skin next to the nail (nail fold). Unlike the other types of fungal nail infections, the infection may be painful.
- Proximal subungual onychomycosis (PSO) is caused by dermatophytes and accounts for about 3% of all fungal nail infections.1 But it is more common in people infected with the human immunodeficiency virus (HIV). PSO infects the base of the nail (skin at the nail fold), often thickening the skin, which can separate from the nail. The base of the nail may appear white, and the nail opaque. The skin on top of the foot may become infected.
The 4 types of nail fungus are:Distal subungual onychomycosis (DSO);White superficial onychomycosis (WSO); Candida onychomycosis and Proximal subungual onychomycosis (PSO).they are named for where the fungal infection starts.Is there any Signs and symptoms when nail fungus occurs?
There are different classifications of nail fungus — depending on type of fungus and manifestation — which may have somewhat different signs and symptoms. In general, however, you may have a nail fungal infection — also called onychomycosis (on-i-ko-mi-KO-sis) — if one or more of your nails are:
- Brittle, crumbly or ragged
- Distorted in shape
- Dull, with no luster or shine
- A dark color, caused by debris building up under your nail
Infected nails also may separate from the nail bed, a condition called onycholysis. You may feel pain in your toes or fingertips and detect a slightly foul odor.
When to see a doctor
Once a nail fungal infection begins, it can persist indefinitely if not treated. See your doctor at the first sign of nail fungus, which is often a tiny white or yellow spot under the tip of your nail.
Let’s see some nail fungus pictures:
There are lots of pictures of nail fungus on google images,some of them really horrible,So,I ignore them,just showed some of that i can bear.Ok,so you know what’s nail fungus and see some pictures of toenail fungus,If you are a nail fungus suffer,you must want to know how to get rid of the nail fungus.Ok let me share some of method below:
Seek treatment early. It is important to treat the condition as early as possible. This will ensure that the condition is easier to treat, reduce the likelihood of recurrence, and help ensure that you do not need to have the nail removed. This is important: the infection will not go away on its own and home remedies are rarely effective.
Understand the common treatment methods. There are a number of different treatment methods and which your doctor prescribes will depend largely on the state of your infection and other circumstances. Understand that most of these methods take weeks to show improvement and that you will have to be fastidious about following the regimen recommended by your doctor.
- Topical medications may be prescribed in certain cases. These are creams and lotions which you will apply as your doctor sees fit.
- Oral medications are also commonly used to fight fungal infections. There are a variety of drugs available but many can cause health complications for those with certain health conditions, so be sure that your doctor is aware of your medical history.
- Antifungal lacquer is occasionally used to combat these infections. Placed on the nail like nail polish, this can be an easy way to solve the problem but requires a prescription.
Follow your doctor’s instructions. Again, it is important to follow your doctor’s instructions, as a lapse in treatment can cause the infection to come back or worsen. You should also consult with your doctor before combining different treatment methods.
There are aslo some nail fungus home remedies/Treatment,One of them is Zetaclear that i mentioned in my previous article,the price is $49.95/bottle.
Watch a video of how to get rid of nail fungus: